Saturday, June 27, 2009

Dessert at Ministry of Food

In Singapore, a friend of mine invited me to experience a Japanese dessert at the Ministry of Food (Marina Square branch). At the restaurant, We were greeted by a wide array of choices on their menu but not much on the dessert section...

So, I forced myself to order something visually stimulating...and I ended up on this soft served green tea ice cream with kanten jelly, fruits, Japanese dumplings and Hokkaido red bean paste; topped with macha sauce. Hence the name Macha dessert. The presentation was so fancy but the green tea?... it's devilishly healthy!...

While my friend had on this glazed sweet soft served - ice cream with mango slices....on a bed of shaved ice drizzled with thick mango puree. This concoction is just fabulous but it could have been better if they ordered mangoes from the
Philippines... which is of the best quality in the world!...

The ambiance reminds me those of Akira Kurusawa film settings that could really set your mood of a Zen like feeling upon dining...the only not a pleasant part there was its too crowded.. overcrowded!...(it could also be a good sign that a restaurant is well known).. but its not a good place for those who want to dine in style.. truly its not romantic!...

However, the staff were well trained and they're always on the go to serve you!...

We definitely enjoyed what we ordered and good thing was that the desserts were not so sweet and its reasonably priced.... perfect for our "make ends meet budget"..... Lol!

It was my first time to try a Japanese dessert and the experience was halfway close to - AWESOME!.....

Photos Courtesy of Klein Delos Santos

3 comments:

  1. what you had looks really delicious! hey ill go and visit you in Singa this year, crash ko sa imong place be

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello.. I found your blog so refreshing... I love to cook so I loved the recipes you posted.. can you put more recipes bout' chicken?

    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ sunworshipper: I'm in Cebu now.... but still planning on going back to Sg....thanks for droppin!

    @ erine: actually, just now i am experimenting on Madras Chicken Curry... too bad I can't take a photo of it...my (digital)camera is becoming a lil bit retard now....will let you know if i'l post any chicken recipe soon..Thanks!

    ReplyDelete